Delicious Meal

 A meal can be said as delicious based on various conditions that the environment surrounded, the people who we share a meal with and the taste of it. There happened to be a time when I had visited a good south-Indian vegetarian hotel with a lot of hope in my mind. My father and partner had accompanied along. After entering the hotel space, the staff showed their way into the AC lounge area. 

My father looked delighted to be seated with us in a corner table in the AC lounge. The menu looked full of variety and chose a vegetarian mixed curry, a set of Roti(a.k.a. Indian bread) and pulao. Ramu, the hotel staff made it a point to deliver it in 30minutes. It was surprising, because all of us enjoyed the meal thoroughly. As soon as my father finished his, he got up the seat and went to the wash room. And after he came back to the table, he made sounds like he was about to sneeze. While he crossed the table next to where we both, myself and partner were seated. There was another family, that included two children as well. The head of that family got up from his seat and commented; this is a public space and you must take care not to sneeze. This meant like I should make sure my aged father doesn't sneeze; and that was found as an inappropriate action for him. 

Their attitude irritated my mood and I replied, 'You must respect the old.' His wife responded back, 'But this is a public space..'.

Later that followed was an emotional drama, and I couldn't control my emotions as I said to that family, that what they had commented about my father was incorrect. Finally, they agreed to say 'Sorry' and some of the hotel staff, came to console me. 

Also, my partner came, swayed myself back to the entrance. 

By this time, my father had reached outside waiting eagerly near the car parking space, not knowing all the dilemma that happened.

I said to myself, 'This too shall pass.'

Comments

Popular Posts