Lessons from a father

 Lessons from a father

Everyone goes through a experience only to later realize that there was a lesson being taught in a silent mysterious way.


Recalling some incidents from the past.

One - When it was found, that I was not an avid reader of English and neither could I score really good marks as I was in other languages. During an open house at school, despite my father asking the teachers, a tip to improve English; I felt embarrassed of the fact that the written language I used was not as good as he had thought.

Contrary to this, after like being more than 30 years, I realize the value of reading good books to improve English.

Two - When I was belittled, in a family friend's house of the lack of mental mathematics I had not learnt. Again, I felt sad that a simple calculation I was not able to perform.

His words and approach, was building the strength to grow in life.

Three - The times I used to take his Mercedes Benz car as a learning practice, he used to make fun that I couldn't see the road. That was a plain misunderstanding I feel.

Four - I gathered a very less score, in my 11th term exam, and he visited the Prinipal's room to mention that he feels bad for my result. And that other students in the class used to copy and cheat for the tests that got over.

Here, he was standing along and supporting.

Fifth - Even though I was not comfortable, to work in the Accounts File section, as my father would interfere and make fun in front of others. He was trying to push my limits, it is there I gained that firm mindset to get the first job opportunity with Emirates Airlines.

Sixth - Now-a-days, as an adult, when I feel troubled due to the life's obstacles, he feels sorrow, but doesn't express it; I can clearly see it in his beautiful heart and eyes.

The perspective I have towards life, his positive attitude, his hard work, his punctuality, his high level of patience, his great expectations about life, and so much more, I am grateful to have him as my father in life.  

Comments

Popular Posts