Untold Hands

  

And I'm so glad that he's finally found me,

Love has laid his hands on me.

 - Slyvie

The most important matters in life are to be felt in the heart. Have you ever felt the heat of your husband's hands? Well, I have. This is a great story of a man's hands; someone who has brought in a scent of warmth. Through him, I have learnt the lesson that a father's gentleness is to be treasured through touch.The moment I need the sparkle of my father, his hands reaches into my soul. They are what I call magic hands, the hands of my husband.

They are not soft but strong like the roots of a tree. They are the blessed hands of a dedicated man, who has poured his soul, like a flowing river; all through his life. Right now, as I am writing this piece of article, they lay tired after a day's hard work and in deep sleep. These are the same hands that held my soul in promise, nine years back, to be part of my precious journey. They caressed me in love, passion, joyful and during my tough hard times. They remember the love and lessons imparted by his parents. They carry thousands of stories during his childhood; when he enjoyed being a small boy with his parents and brothers. These precious hands, took great care of my parents as well; when bad times hit us.

A thought, as to whether God's angels are to be felt in your husband's hands.
How fortunate I feel!.

Every time, I touch his hands, they tell a different story. These hands that used to play cricket as a child with his friends; and how they have forgotten the feeling of being alive. They proudly carry the identity of being a son, a brother, an uncle, a husband, a responsible young man, a team manager and much more. 

They always ensure that his love for his wife is transformed into actions. No matter how entangled his puzzle of life is, these hands remember to add a glitter to the house, to never stop being kind, to give a tight soothing hug, to ease the life of others in the family, to clean the bathroom floor, to pray for the universal good to flow, to ensure the best for his loved ones, to make dosas for breakfast, to hide away life's struggle and the list is much more..

Many times, when I touch his magic hands, they give a solution to a problem or they would share many profound stories. Over the years, many tales have passed by. They can recollect the smell of crispy dosas, the crackling sound of pappadam and the spicy taste of any pickle. They could tell the unimaginable joy a child could have living in BHEL Trichy community; during school years. At times, they sadly recall how his close friend's father passed away, in a very unexpected note.

These hands would have many 'tearful stories' to say; every time he would watch a good emotional movie. They had softly wiped tears after a malayalam movie; like Mayanadhi. 

My husband's hands are never afraid to face the roses or thorns.These hands have taught the meaning of patience; when life's shade changes it's colour. These hands try to speak out loud; what words can't communicate. They say, that no matter what our life makes us go through, his scent will reach out with a shower of love.

I close my eyes, when I am in trouble; to feel within...

His hands as my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts