Mira's Grapes

--A story to melt you into pieces---
This happened quite some time back.
I never knew that a grape could feel so sweet, that can't be described in words.

Recently, when I had visited my mother's sister (Ushakka) and husband, they had narrated this heart warming story. A story that if I were to tell you, would definitely touch your heart. Since then, I keep reminding myself, how precious life is, and that joyful memories stay with us long enough to keep life going on.

Sometimes, it could be a grape that comes to remind you;
'Life is short, so enjoy it when you can'.

Coming to the story.

It is about a beautiful little girl, around two years old. Such an innocent time to be mesmerized by all the fantasies in the universe. This girl is none other than my Usha akka's daughter. Let's call her, Mira.

It goes like this. Mira, was so busy playing at home, with her imaginary friends and toys. Her father went outside leaving a pack of grapes on the dining area. Ushakka, poured out the whole bunch of grapes into a huge glass plate and kept it on the table. Then, my Akka became so busy with the routine work in the kitchen.

Time passed by..

Little Mira, hopped on a chair near the dining table and spotted the sparkling green grapes. She didn't hesitate. And the next moment, she ate one grape, then the next one and so on. Happily had the whole bunch of grapes.

After a while, Ushakka came back to find her child munching grapes without saying a word. My akka felt like Yashoda Ma who used to be overjoyed to find little Krishna stealing butter.

Tears of joy filled the heart and eyes of my Akka, as she recollected this childhood moment of Mira.

Comments

Popular Posts