Father’s Struggle



“There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” – Alison Lohman

Often, good things take time to happen.

There are certain moments in life; that make you realize the struggle a father has gone through and the way you grew up happily under his shade.

This is about one man, who wasn’t neither a famous actor, sportsperson, politician, celebrity or an award winner. He never made to the headings of the newspaper, but was one of the simplest existence. A man who spend the best times of life, caring and thinking about his family, children, co-workers etc. He was none other than my father.

It is indeed, very late a child knows the effort and appreciates the goodness of parents. But I would say, I am fortunate that I realized the influence that he, as a good father, poured out into my life.

To think back, the daily struggles at his workplace he used to adhere, the sweet gifts he gave away, the effort he made to buy things that I needed, the times he walked me up to school, the unnoticed events he cared while I was sick, the moments he spend with my school staff and teachers, the silent moments that he wished for the best to come in my life, the happiness he had on the first job and during marriage, the ‘proud’ feeling he felt in his heart while sharing about this girl, the times he encouraged to bring out the best and shine high. The list is never ending and can never be repaid by a daughter.

Sometimes, I wonder at how much pain, hard work, sacrifice, good deeds that any parent does. Especially like a good father that God was so kind with me.

A few months back, during the time of Guru Poornima, the time to share love, remember and respect the teachers that the divine has showed you. A chance, to wash the feet of your parents / teachers/ elders(.i.e, it is said Padapuja). And I was almost in tears, thinking about all the love, affection, and sacrifice that as parents they performed through their life.

Like they say, earthly life is to learn lessons. I have learnt that hard work, struggle, pain and sacrifice are the ingredients for knowing ‘Success’. 

I just had to observe my father’s path.


Comments

Popular Posts